Off to Patmos ? – eh possibly !

14th October 2025

The plan today was a final visit to Patmos before heading back to Samos for the winter in Another Day in Paradise

001

Passage planned for today

At 08:20 anchor up it was 5 knots of wind from the due north in the bay as we motored past a big military transport. The crew at the front watched us raising our mainsail – I hope we looked seaman like . LOL

003

It takes a while to exit the long entrance and I see from the log it was about an hour later we were abeam the rocks just north of the entrance, beating into a now 15 knot wind bang on the nose.

Would we continue on to Patmos?  With the rising wind & waves ?

We continued towards the Archangel channel for a go / no go decision (Wpt 2)

In the end we decided NO, we would head back to Lipsi.

002

Change of plan

At 10:50 am we were exiting the channel and heading back to Kouloura (Wpt 3).

By 12:00 pm we were anchored back in Kouloura with only one other boat for company.

005

We spent quite an uncomfortable night due to the swell. Safe as houses, but just no fun. Louise has always preferred the bay around the corner and has said before it’s more sheltered from the swell, and she is right, so next day we headed around there. Shouldn’t be busy this time of year.

We had another couple of days in Lipsi and of course a final visit to Manolis’

001

Another during provisioning fuel stop

005

008

The walk in – that’s Katsidia  in the distance.

010

Friendly donkey on the walk in – that’s him on the right

006

007

009

Finally Lipsi harbour  …….and

004

Ouzo stop (again you say ?) before Manolis’ Tastes

011012

Manaolis himself

Saturday 18th October 2025

This would be our last sail until April 2027 !!

If we haven’t sold the boat !!

Who knows ?

It was forecasted to be southerlies and indeed it started out SE at 08:00 am as we left, but by 11:30 am it was NE 15 knots gusting 20 , definitely not what was forecasted but a good sail ,if a bit bouncy. We had a full main and a reef in the Genoa. At 12:30 we were about 10 degrees off course but the wind usually dies as you approach Samos so we would adjust then.

15:30 In a berth on C Pontoon just in front of Marco’s.

Well that’s it ! a split short but enjoyable season – will it be our last …….. ?

The end of sailing 2025

Total  (2025)  521 miles, underway 119 hours.

Total  (2014 – date)  13,374 miles, underway 2,971 hours.

Leave a Reply