Myrina – On the quay

The electrical storm came and went but not with the expected ferocity forecast, however another more severe weather system was promising to pass through in a couple of days, so given space on the quay we moved there. Of course Lily was free to wander again, which we like to do every so often, despite my stress levels.

011

Where will I go next , I wonder ?

We met up with a German couple who came alongside us on one side, Markus & Isabelle. They had been anchored about as long as us out in the bay. On the other a French boat with six people – they all liked cats and Lily especially so it wasn’t too bad on that front – Lily believing that every boat is entitled to be explored. Including the big tour boat at the end of the quay.

016

Lemnos seems to be a quite cat tolerant place, lots of collared cats, thses two sat in residence outside their owners jewelery store gazing in quite happily , going nowhere – can I have one like that ….please!

Markus & Isabelle hired a car and kindly picked up packs of water for us saving more humphing. I had already walked a fair distance to fill up two jerry cans with diesel. Laundry completed and boat cleaned & refueled nothing else to do other than eat, drink, swim & sleep until the weather front has passed…………..

013012014015017

Just some random pictures of our evenings out, doing just that

Or so we thought……..

Louise was off the boat , shopping I think, when her sister messaged us to tell us she had taken not well during a walking holiday on the West Highland Way, back in Scotland. Extreme pains in her back & unable to move she was taken by ambulance to hospital.

To cut a long story short we decided it was best if Louise returned to Scotland in short order, so her flight was booked for the 22nd from Lemnos.

The only decision now was do Lily & I stay in Myrina or return to Moudhros?

There were more chances I could have anchor dragging or anchor fouling problems with other boats in Myrina harbour & having only myself to deal with it may have been possible but difficult.

Anchoring back out in the bay was also ruled out as we didn’t know how long Louise was going to be away.

So Moudhros it was, and if I encountered any issues there, I would  sail myself back down to Mytilini Marina on Lesbos.

Leave a Reply